Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Look, a “me” post!

 

It occurs to me that I’d promised that this would be a half-project half-personal blog, and it’s been more of a 7/8-project 1/8-personal blog. So I guess I should try to talk more about me, which will be interesting, since my narcissism begins and ends at Facebook.

Part of it is because I don’t really feel my life is all that interesting, and part of it is ‘cause I have this lingering feeling that no one cares even if it is. And that’s fine. I love being my own biggest fan. I like me and will probably have me over for pizza and beer often.

But a toll is a toll, and a promise is a promise, so I’m gonna make an effort to inject more of myself into this thing.

However, since I’m not kidding that my life isn’t all that interesting, the “me” posts are probably going to be a collection of assorted rants about any and/or all of the following:

  1. Politics
  2. Feminism
  3. GLBT issues
  4. How Buffy Seasons 8 and 9 don’t exist
  5. Worms
  6. The decline of the written word due to bonehead txt-speak users
  7. How Hollywood will fuck up everything that was good and right about my childhood
  8. Fucking stupid customers

So… be advised.

Also, some announcements:

I have decided that I will indeed cover the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, but it will be at the end of the series coverage, and it will be in a comparative capacity.

I still haven’t decided whether I’ll do Angel, because despite it technically being part of the ‘verse, I’m (a) not as familiar with it as I am Buffy, and (b) the series diverge pretty drastically after a certain point. I don’t know, I’ll think about it.

So, uh, yeah… I think that’s it for now. Um. Hey, look! A puppy!

2 comments:

  1. I have a link to a good feminism blog (Finally Feminism 101) over on my page. I've found good stuff over there without feeling like I'm having an Earth-mother hippie bra-burning man-hating militant lesbian agenda thrown at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm familiar! I also go a lot to Shakesville, but less so. The guy who runs Pharyngula (PZ Myers) is good about tackling feminist issues, too, but his blog is mostly atheism-oriented.

      Delete